One of our early goals in the Just Futures Project will be to recruit a critical mass of strong leaders - those dedicated to re-energizing our movement here in Washington. You may be sitting there wondering, Could I be a leader in our movement?
LEADERSHIP “The ability to inspire and align others to achieve common goals.”
No matter what your job title is, anyone can be a leader.
Our movement values shared leadership.
Leadership is a skill like any other – you can practice and develop it.
Feeling courageous? Give it a try!
From the Rockwood Institute – 6 core practices of great leaders:
- Purpose – To live and lead from that which gives our life meaning.
- Vision – To create and articulate a clear and compelling picture of our desired future.
- Partnership – To build strong interdependent relationships that advance our vision.
- Resilience – To shift from reactivity to a state of resourcefulness in moments of stress and crisis.
- Performance – To enhance our capacity to produce results that further our vision.
- Personal Ecology – To maintain balance, pacing, efficiency to sustain our energy over a lifetime of activism.